[molpro-user] Linearly dependence of basis when expanding the basis

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Thu Apr 21 18:48:28 BST 2011

Dear Lukas,

your case sounds very simple - have you tried printing the basis to see if the program actually
did what you thought you were asking it to do?  A snippet of your input would be quite useful in
this case.

In general one can use the "even" directive to automatically generate an even tempered extension of
your original basis set:

spd,C,cc-pVDZ;c;
sp,C,even,2

would generate two additional (diffuse) s and p functions by a simple even tempered extension of the two most
diffuse s and p functions in the cc-pVDZ basis set.

regards,

Kirk