[molpro-user] symmetry problem in geometry optimization?

Jeong Sik Lim jslim at berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 28 08:24:08 BST 2011

Dear all,

I am optimizing I2CO2 vdw cluster in HF/aug-cc-pvtz(-pp) and C2v point
group. Whenever it stops, following message is given

"? Error

? Symmetry problem

? The problem occurs in zmatrix.f:zmat_orient"

Is there anyone to help me to solve this problem?

Please see the next geometry specification.

B1=4.6199965

B2=2.69842524

B3=1.13624412

B4=1.13624412

A1=73.02001729

A2=90.09238926

A3=90.09238926

D1=90.02821097

D2=179.94357807

geometry={

I1,

 C1,                  I1,            B1

I2,                  I1,            B2,    C1,            A1,

O1,                  C1,            B3,    I1,            A2,    I2,
D1,  0

 O2,                  C1,            B3,    I1,            A2,    O1,
D2,  0

}