[molpro-user] Problem with parallel mrci

John Travers jtravers70 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 14:58:44 BST 2011

 Dear Molpro users,

I had a strange problem running mrci jobs in parallel. For a test calculation by requesting totally 12 CPUs, if I assigned 3 CPUs per node, the calculation finished smoothly. But if I requested 4 CPUs per node then the calculation stopped at a point when the program started to calculate the cluster corrections for the MRCISD energy and never complete.

The Molpro version is 2010.1 patched at the level of 23. I compiled with openmpi-1.5.3&intel-12.0. After the compilation, I run the test jobs and no error was found. The configuration of the computer node is 8 CPU with 32 Gb mem. My test mrci job uses less 2gb mem per CPU.

Any insight?

Thanks

John