[molpro-user] Odd basis set output

Grant Hill grant.hill at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 09:39:49 BST 2011

Dear Ciarán,

The output in the HF section is indicating that the VTZ basis (using contraction coefficients of the s and p functions IIRC) is being used to form the initial guess. This is entirely normal.

What are you basing the expected energy on? One potential culprit could be differences in spherical and cartesian coordinates.

You can verify you have the correct basis using 'print,basis' near the top of your Molpro input file.

Regards,

Grant