[molpro-user] 1.5TB disk usage --marshall

Martin Diefenbach diefenbach at chemie.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Jul 9 20:17:31 BST 2011

Michael,

if your version of molpro is linked against global arrays, perhaps you are
running into an eaf-file size limit. You could try recompiling global
arrays with large file support enabled, i.e., "export LARGE_FILES=yes"
with ga-4-3-3 and older or "CFLAGS=-DLARGE_FILES" for ga-5-0 and above
(see also pario/elio/elio.c in the global arrays source dir).

We had molpro calculations run successfully using >10TBytes of scratch
disk using this setting.

Best wishes
Martin
--
Dr. Martin Diefenbach
Institut für Anorganische und Analytische Chemie der
diefenbach at chemie.uni-frankfurt.de