[molpro-user] Compiling molpro2010 - parallel version

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 14:20:02 BST 2011

Holger,

This does not look like the latest patched version of Molpro, can you
download and try the latest tarball (molpro.2010.1.22.tar.gz).

I suspect the parallel failures are because you have manually set Molpro
to use -lga++, when Molpro is set up to should use -lga. Here are the
options I use for building a pure tcgmsg version of GA 5-0-2:

./configure --prefix=/some/dir/ga-install
--with-blas8='-L/opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64 -lmkl_intel_ilp64
-lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core' --with-scalapack=no --enable-f77
F77=/opt/intel/compilerpro-12.0.2.137/bin/intel64/ifort
CC=/opt/intel/compilerpro-12.0.2.137/bin/intel64/icc
CXX=/opt/intel/compilerpro-12.0.2.137/bin/intel64/icpc --with-tcgmsg

And then point Molpro to the GA build directory, i.e.:

./configure -batch -icc -ifort -mpp -mppbase /GA/BUILD/dir/ga-5-0-2

Alternatively, you can try:

./configure -batch -icc -ifort -mpp -auto-ga-tcgmsg

which should hopefully build GA automatically.

The serial failures I'm not sure, I guess the first thing to try is with
the 2010.1.22 tarball.

Best wishes,

Andy