[molpro-user] Convergence Issues With DIP/QUAD

Tatiana Korona tania at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Mon Jun 20 16:31:42 BST 2011

Dear Gerald,

This script will not work, probably because Molpro detects that no HF
calculation has been made after a field change. So, in order to make
orbital-relaxed calculations one should just move HF after DIP, as you
suggested. If for some reason orbital-unrelaxed properties are needed (in the
MP2 level they will be quite bad, but for CCSD may be OK), one should use sth
like:

! no field
NR_record=3333.2
{HF
save,NR_record
}

DIP,0.0,0.0,0.001
{HF
start,NR_record
maxit,0} ! use no-field orbitals
{MP2
CORE,0}

It is also important to note that DIP+ adds to the existing field, see
http://www.molpro.net/info/current/doc/manual/node458.html#31876, so better to
use just DIP, otherwise strange results will appear after several uses of DIP+.

Best wishes,

Tatiana