[molpro-user] Understanding the output of calculated expectation values

Z.Masin z.masin at open.ac.uk
Wed Jun 22 14:25:28 BST 2011

I've managed to find out how this works.

The first part of each set of the expectation values printed corresponds to the singlet states and the second one to the triplet states used in the averaging. What confused me was that Molpro uses on output the same labelling for the singlet states and for the triplet states. I expect the properties to be sorted in the order in which the states were requested on input, i.e. properties corresponding to the singlets first and then the ones corresponding to the triplets.

Zdenek Masin