[molpro-user] optg with procedures

harding harding at anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 15:55:28 GMT 2011

Dear Molpro Community,

  We are trying to do geometry optimizations with an energy expression
that combines ccsd(t) and rs2c energies,

  i.e.  energy = e(ccsdt/dz) + e(rs2c/tz) - e(rs2c/dz)

  We have defined a procedure as follows:

PROC mix
basis=cc-pvdz
{rhf;closed,3;occ,4;wf,7,1,1}
{rccsd(t);closed,3;occ,4;wf,7,1,1}
e2 = energy
{multi;closed,1;occ,6;wf,7,1,1}
rs2c,shift=0.2
e1 = energy
basis=cc-pvtz
{multi;closed,1;occ,6;wf,7,1,1}
rs2c,shift=0.2
e3 = energy
e4 = e2+e3-e1
ENDPROC

  The first time it tries to do a ccsd(t) calculation following a rs2c
calculation it crashes with the error message:

NUMBER OF OCCUPIED ORBITALS NOT CONSISTENT WITH NUMBER OF ELECTRONS FOR
CCSD. NELEC=   7  NCORE=  1  NCLOS=  0  NOCC=  6  MS2= 1

It appears that numbers of occupied and closed orbitals for the second
ccsd(t) calculation are set to values appropriate for the multi/rs2c
step rather than the values on the rccsd(t) command line or the
immediately preceding rhf step. If we do the same sequence of
calculations but not part of an optg calcualtion (i.e. rhf,
rccsd(t),multi,rs2c,rhf,rccsd(t)) it works fine. We get the same error
message if we do the optg using startcmd=rhf rather than a procedure.
This was done using version 2010.1.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong would be appreciated.

  Thanks.

    Larry Harding

The complete data set is as follows:

PROC mix