[molpro-user] different basis functions for different nitrogen atoms

t s venkatesan venkateshtsv at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:08:44 BST 2011

Here below is an example, where i had used different basis functions for the
phenyl ring and thiol group H-atoms. A similar technique may work even for
your system.

 geometry={Angstrom;
 C1
 C1   1 cc2
 C1   2 cc3        1 ccc3
 C1   3 cc4        2 ccc4         1 dih4
 C1   4 cc5        3 ccc5         2 dih5
 C1   5 cc6        4 ccc6         3 dih6
 S2   4 sc7        3 scc7         2 dih7
 H3   7 1.600      4 hsc8         3 dih8
 H4   3 hc9        2 hcc9         1 dih9
 H4   5 hc10       6 hcc10        1 dih10
 H4   2 hc11       3 hcc11        4 dih11
 H4   6 hc12       5 hcc12        4 dih12
 H4   1 hc13       2 hcc13        3 dih13
 }

 basis=vtz,S2=avtz,H3=avtz