[molpro-user] Modifying atomic charge

Thomas Ritschel ritschel at uni-potsdam.de
Thu May 19 08:35:44 BST 2011

Hi Peter,

you can set individual nuclear charges to zero using the dummy statement and
then use appropriate lattice charges at the atomic coordinates.
The problem might be the proper positioning of the charges when your geometry
is specified as a z-matrix.

Here is a working example for the HF molecule using a nuclear charge of 9.1
for the fluorine atom:

memory,256,m
basis=avdz
! symmetry,noorient
geometry={
h,f,2.0
}
dummy,f
lattice,charges.lat
{rhf
wf,10,1,0}
---

The required lattice file  "charges.lat"  reads as follows:

charges for HF molecule
1
0,0,-0.053320975781,9.1,0

Best wishes,