[molpro-user] error building Seward auxiliary files during Molpro installation

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri May 20 15:15:23 BST 2011

George,

Here is a breakdown of some of the options you gave:

-i8 : default, not needed
-blas : default, not needed
-blaspath /home/programs/opt/acml4.4.0/ifort64_int64/lib/libacml.a :
wrong syntax
-lapack : default, not needed
-lapackpath /home/programs/opt/acml4.4.0/ifort64_int64/lib/libacml.a :
wrong syntax
-var BLASLIB="/home/programs/opt/acml4.4.0/ifort64_int64/lib/libacml.a"
: not needed (only because of broken syntax of -blaspath).
-var CMPPINCLUDE="/home/programs/ga-5-0-2/include" - I have no idea
about this, but I have never needed to set this.
-var MPILIB="/usr/local/mpich2/lib/libmpich.a -lrt -luuid -lpthread
-lrt" - configure tries to get this automatically, maybe something has
gone wrong.

Please try the following options:

./configure -batch\
  -icc\
  -ifort\
  -mpp\
  -mppbase /home/programs/ga-5-0-2\
  -instroot /home/programs\
  -blaspath /home/programs/opt/acml4.4.0/ifort64_int64/lib

and let us know the result. You must ensure the appropriate mpirun/exec
etc. are in PATH.

There is no need to specify both -blaspath and -lapackpath if they are
the same. Also, configure will only add acml to BLASLIB and not
LAPACKLIB, because it is pointless to link the same library twice.

The failure at the end is the first time the program is actually run (to
generate some auxiliary files), perhaps related to mpd, please see:

http://www.molpro.net/pipermail/molpro-user/2010-September/003900.html

Best wishes,

Andy