[molpro-user] hardware suggetions for single Molpro workstation

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:13:48 BST 2011

I would also mention that for the scratch array where Molpro will write its temporary files, you certainly don't want raid5 since you want raw performance and don't care at all about redundancy.  Simple raid0 is usually the best bet with at least 3 SATA drives.  I would get a single (or multiple if you want to raid5 this) drive for the system and user files.

-Kirk