[molpro-user] Installing molpro - GA toolkit needed, or can we use openmpi by itself?

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 14:18:37 BST 2011

Benji,

This error is very strange and indicates some of the Molpro source files
are missing, can you confirm that 'abdata.ascii' is actually present?
The tarball certainly contains these:

~/test> tar -xzf ~/molpro.2010.1.23.tar.gz
~/test> ls Molpro/lib/*.ascii
Molpro/lib/abdata.ascii  Molpro/lib/rysrw.ascii

It's worth also checking the file permissions, but I don't see how only
these files could have somehow changed since the rest of the source
files are obviously readable for you to be able to compile them.

Can you try generating the auxiliary files ABDATA and RYSRW again by:

rm -f lib/{ABDATA,RYSRW,init.log}
make

and once again check the contents of lib/init.log.

Best wishes,

Andy