[molpro-user] multi state CASTP2 with large active space.

amit sharma amit0206.s at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:57:37 BST 2012

Dear Attila,
The error is still there,  I changed my mcscf card to this
  {multi
  occ,42,8
  frozen,42,6
}

In RS2 I get
 TOO MANY ACTIVE ORBITALS: 36 THIS VERSION ALLOWS 32

here is my entire input
 {multi
 occ,42,8
 frozen,42,6
 wf,98,1,0
 state,2
 noextra
 canonical,ci}

!put,molden,aa.mol

   {rs2,MIX=2,INIT,shift=0.2
    wf,98,1,0
    state,1,1}  ! single state caspt2 for ref state 1
     e1(i) = energy
     e11(i) = (e1(i)-e1(1))*tokcal
     e12(i) = (e1(i)-e1(1))*tocm

    {rs2,MIX=2,shift=0.2
    wf,98,1,0
    state,1,2}  ! single state caspt2 for ref state 2
     e2(i) = energy
     e21(i) = (e2(i)-e2(1))*tokcal
     e22(i) = (e2(i)-e2(1))*tocm

    e1_mscaspt2(i)=msenergy(1)  !ms-caspt2 energy for ground state
    e2_mscaspt2(i)=msenergy(2)  !ms-caspt2 energy for excited state

any suggestions?
thanks
amit