[molpro-user] cross-compiling 2012.1 using PGI compiler for Sandy Bridge architecture

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Wed Dec 5 16:31:20 GMT 2012

Andy,

probably this is just closely related to my problems with the ifort compiler as well.  I'm running Rocks 6.0 on my cluster, so the OS and libraries are identical on both the head node and the compute nodes.  ldd certainly doesn't disagree with this.  You're correct about the licensing issue, the PGI compiler can only be run on a single, registered machine (the license contains the host id #), which is different than ifort. As I mentioned in a previous email, I'm going to upgrade my gcc compiler (from 4.4.6 to 4.7.2) to see if that helps with any of this.

best wishes,

Kirk