[molpro-user] Xenon basis set question

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Fri Feb 17 15:26:40 GMT 2012

Dan,

Grant and Martin are exactly correct.  One can use the cc-pwCVnZ-PP (or aug-cc-pwCVnZ-PP) basis sets, which are matched with
the small core relativistic pseudopotentials of the Stuttgart/Koeln groups.  These come with appropriate spin-orbit potentials as well.  The
cc-pwCVnZ-PP sets (n=D, T, Q, 5) include additional tight functions (compared to just cc-pVnZ-PP) that are needed to correlate the
4s4p4d electrons.  All of these can be called from the Molpro basis set library in 2010.1 (something like basis=vdz-pp  will automatically
load the PP too).

regards,

Kirk