[molpro-user] midbond functions and F12 methods

Grant Hill Grant.Hill at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Mar 2 17:26:15 GMT 2012

Dear Jessie,

What happens if you just try this? I.e., place a dummy atom (I suppose the choice of atom to dummy will have some affect as the basis functions will be different) somewhere in the bond. Does the energy change in a sensible way compared to the same system without the mid-bond dummy? Counterpoise corrected F12 calculations seem to work fine and what you want to do seems superficially similar.

Grant