[molpro-user] memory usage

Keith McLaughlin keythree at gmail.com
Thu May 3 23:51:44 BST 2012

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of problem completing jobs on blacklight, which is a
machine at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center.

I'm trying to run a job requesting 7000,m. That is, 7000 megawords, which I
thought would be 54 gigabytes. My job winds up dying (when run on 128 cores
= 8 blades @ 128 GIGS per blade, which means I have access to a terabyte of
memory. Yet, my job is killed with the following error message:

Creating: host=bl0.psc.teragrid.o=>> PBS: job killed: cpuset
memory_pressure 139111 reached/exceeded limit 1 (numa memused is 1073599536
kb)

Is this behavior understood? Why would my job possibly be using that much
memory? I've been in contact with PSC support, but they believe this is a
Molpro issue.

--
Keith McLaughlin, M.S.
University of South Florida