[molpro-user] Convergence thresholds in UHF-SCF calculations

Amrit Jalan amrit.jalan at gmail.com
Sat May 12 20:37:40 BST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to change the convergence thresholds in a UHF-SCF calculation
but haven’t had much luck. I tried the “accu” keyword after the UHF
directive but the program reverted to the default value. My input is given
below:

geomtyp=xyz

geometry=ts2.xyz

basis = aug-cc-pVDZ

uhf,accu=5

The output has this:

1PROGRAM * UHF-SCF       Authors: W. Meyer, H.-J. Werner

 NUMBER OF ELECTRONS:      24+   24-    SPACE SYMMETRY=1    SPIN
SYMMETRY=Singlet

 CONVERGENCE THRESHOLDS:    1.00E-06 (Density)    1.00E-07 (Energy)

 MAX. NUMBER OF ITERATIONS:       60

 INTERPOLATION TYPE:            DIIS

 INTERPOLATION STEPS:              2 (START)      1 (STEP)

 LEVEL SHIFTS:                  0.30 (ALPHA)   0.30 (BETA)

Any info on where the above convergence thresholds are coming from and how
they can be changed would be very helpful. Also, I have noticed that the
defaults change depending on the calculation being run. If this is so, is
there someplace where this information is available?

Thanks,
Amrit