[molpro-user] Analytical gradients for DF-MULTI (DF-CASSCF)

Werner Gyorffy gyorffy at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Oct 4 14:42:54 BST 2012

Dear Toshimasa,

State-averaged MCSCF/CASSCF and CASPT2 analytical gradients using the DF
approximation are available through the RS2 gradient program. For
MCSCF/CASSCF gradient, one must use the NOEXC directive in the rs2 card.
For input examples, see the df_casscf_opt and df_caspt2_opt tests in the
Molpro/testjobs directory. Your input then would be something like this:

::::::::::::::
memory,2,m

punch,h2o.pun

gthresh,energy=1.d-7
geometry={
O;               !define z-matrix
H1,O,r;
H2,O,r,H1,a
}

r =1.0 ang
a = 100.0

basis={
   default,6-31G(d)
  set,fit              ! defines a basis set called fit
   default,vqz/jkfit
}
{cfit,basis=fit}      ! defines the DF basis set for all calculations

df-hf;                                      !do scf

{df-multi;
  maxiter,40;
  occ,6;closed,4;
  thresh,pspace=10.0;
  wf,sym=1,charge=0;state,2;}

{df-rs2;             ! invokes the rs2 programs
noexc;               ! considers only the reference space
state,1,1}           ! for the ground state

optg
::::::::::::::

These programs are still under development. More flexible input options
and a full documentation is coming soon.

Regards,

Werner.

--
    Dr. Werner Győrffy