[molpro-user] Problem with CASPT2 energies for Excited states

Justyna Zurek justynazurek at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 12:23:58 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate CASPT2 energies of first three states of phenol (ground state of symmetry 1 and first excited state of symmetry one, and first excited state of symmetry 2).

Here is the CAS input I'm using:

{CASSCF,
closed, 20,0,
occ,    22,7,
wf,50,1,0;state,2,
wf,50,2,0;state,2}

{rs2,
wf,50,2,0;state,1,1}

{rs2,
wf,50,1,0;state,1,1;state,1,2}

And here is the error I get:

 ? Error
 ? No convergence. This error exit can be avoided using the NOCHECK option
 ? The problem occurs in cipro

All the energies are NaNs. When I include Nocheck option it doesn't print all the energies I want, some of them are also NaNs.

How can I solve this problem?

Regards,

Justyna