[molpro-user] converting symmetry of orbitals

Benjamin Levine levine at chemistry.msu.edu
Fri Sep 14 21:49:00 BST 2012

Dear Molpro users,
I would like to calculate a set of orbitals with symmetry enforced, and
then open those orbitals in matrop such that they are represented in C1
symmetry (so that I can break the symmetry of the orbitals by hand).
Unfortunately, if I do the initial calculation without symmetry enforced
the wavefunction breaks symmetry on its own and is not useful for my
purposes.  Is there an easy way to convert the representation of a set
of orbitals from a higher point group to C1?  Thanks in advance for your
help!

Ben

--
Benjamin G. Levine