[molpro-user] Adding orbitals in a set of output orbitals

aurelie perveaux aurelie.perveaux at u-psud.fr
Tue Aug 13 21:03:42 BST 2013

	Dear All,

	I want to add an orbital in a set of orbital already defined. I want to
add this atomic orbital to be consider as a molecular orbital, i don t
want it to mix with the other orbital that is why i m not using a user
defined basis set to put it in.

	So i thought about using the move/add option but i am encouting some
trouble.

	here my input:

	memory,100,m

	print,basis,orbitals,civector

	symmetry,x

	geometry={

	O1

	O2 , O1 , R1

	O3 , O1 , R2 , O2 , A

	}

	R1=2.409

	R2=2.409

	A=116.9 Degree

	spherical

	basis=aug-cc-pvtz

	hf

	orbital,2140.2

	{mcscf

	start,2140.2

	closed,3,0

	occ,12,3

	wf,24,2,0;state,2

	wf,24,1,0;state,4

	orbital,2141.2

	}

	symmetry,x

	geometry={

	}

	spherical

	basis={

	spdf,O,vtz

	s,1,0.0000001

	}

	hf

	orbital,2142.2

	symmetry,x

	geometry={

	O1

	O2 , O1 , R1

	O3 , O1 , R2 , O2 , A

	}

	R1=2.409

	R2=2.409

	A=116.9 Degree

	{merge

	orbital,2141.2

	move,1.1,1.1,1.1

	move,2.1,2.1,2.1

	move,3.1,3.1,3.1

	move,4.1,4.1,4.1

		move,5.1,5.1,5.1

		move,6.1,6.1,6.1

		move,7.1,7.1,7.1

		move,8.1,8.1,8.1

		move,9.1,9.1,9.1

		move,10.1,10.1,10.1

		move,11.1,11.1,11.1

		move,12.1,12.1,12.1

		move,1.2,1.2,1.2

		move,2.2,2.2,2.2

		move,3.2,3.2,3.2

		orbital,2142.2

		add,5.1,5.1,13.1

		save,2143.2}

		I don't want to touch to my first molecular orbitals that is why i m
redefining them., and after with the add card i m adding my extra
orbital save in the record 2142.2

		unfortunalty that generat this error message:

			 PROGRAM * MERGE   Author: H.-J. Werner

			 Molecular orbitals read from record     2141.2
 Type=MCSCF/NATURAL (state averaged)

			 Error in MERGE/ADD/MOVE: Basis dimension or offset not correct:
  1  90  61

	==> i do understand that the problem must be the size of the basis
which is diferent in the output and the input (one orbital more in the
output than in the input). But i don t understand who to use the offset
(if the offset is usefull to fix this problem) or to define properly the
basis size.

	Maybe i m not even doing the right strategy for what i want to achieve.
Feel free to let me know!

	Thank you for your answers.

	Best Regards

	Aurelie Perveaux

	Laboratoire de Chimie Physique d'Orsay, Université de
Paris-Sud

	Bâtiment349 - Campus d'Orsay

	15, avenue Jean PERRIN

	91405 Orsay Cedex