[molpro-user] possible bug: moldpro not releasing deleted scratch files

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 11:38:50 GMT 2013

Dear Andy,

thanks for the feedback and the explanation.

What puzzled me was that a normal ls -l command did not show these files and
even the du -sh command did not 'see' them. It is only when I done a df
command (and the lsof) that I found them. Hence I believed they were deleted
by the program but the file handle has not been released.

Shame for my calculation. I would have thought that 1 TB of scratch is enough
here. So the conclusion is I cannot to it the way I want it. Just my luck
again.

Thanks for your help!

All the best from a grey and cold London

Jörg