[molpro-user] Question on MRCI energies in multi-state calculations

Peterson, Kirk kipeters at wsu.edu
Sun Jun 30 16:48:27 BST 2013

Dear Lorenzo,

this is from the  internal contraction.  By default the number of reference states for the internally contracted pairs is equal to the number of states requested.  So the more states you request, the more reference states used for the contracted pairs, and in general the lower the energy. You can modify this behavior with the refstate directive.

best,

-Kirk