[molpro-user] Parallel MOLPRO

Manhui Wang wangm9 at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 16:00:02 GMT 2013

Hi Emanuele,

Could you please give more details about your platform(OS/hardware), and
how you run the Molpro job?
You can get more information with -v option.

For some specific OS (eg. CentOS 6.0), please see the previous
discussions at

http://www.molpro.net/pipermail/molpro-user/2011-September/004610.html

Best wishes,
Manhui

On 28/02/13 16:50, Emanuele Coccia wrote:
> Dear Support,
>
>  I'm trying to use the trial parallel version (x86_64) of MOLPRO on an
> AMD Opeteron 32-cores node, but I find the following:
>

> /*  Creating: host=caliban.dm.univaq.it <http://caliban.dm.univaq.it>,
> user=cocciaem,*/
> /* file=/home/cocciaem/Molpro/trial/bin/molpro.exe, port=56352*/
> /*trying to connect to host=caliban.dm.univaq.it
> <http://caliban.dm.univaq.it>, port=56352*/
> /*  0: CreateSocketAndConnect: connect failed -1 (0xffffffffffffffff).*/
> /*  0: CreateSocketAndConnect: connect failed -1 (0xffffffffffffffff).*/
> /*system error message: No route to host*/
>

> The trial serial version works, the issue is in my parallel
> environment. How can I fix it?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> --
> Emanuele
>
> Università degli Studi dell'Aquila
> Dipartimento di Chimica, Ingegneria Chimica e Materiali
> CBBC Group - http://bio.phys.uniroma1.it

Manhui  Wang
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University,
Main Building, Park Place,
Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK