[molpro-user] Calculation for excited Ne+

Lorenzo Lodi l.lodi at ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 9 16:32:07 BST 2013

Hello, thank you all for your suggestions. Unfortunately I haven't yet
been able to compute the energy of this core-hole state with MRCI.
I can get the energy with CASSCF by doing something like:

{RHF; WF,nelec=9,symmetry=1,spin=1; ORBPRINT,0}
{CASSCF; OCC, 2,1,1,0,1,0,0,0; CLOSED,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;
FROZEN,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;
{ITERATIONS;
DONT  , WERNER  , 1, TO, 20;
}
WF,nelec=9,symmetry=1,spin=1; state,1
SELECT
CON, 1,2,2,2,2
}

The first RHF converges to (1s)^2 (2s)^1 (2p)^6; in the following CASSCF
I (I try to) select as only allowed configuration the one where the
lowermost orbitals is singly occupied;
nonetheless, if I allow optimization of the orbitals I get back to the
same configurations as given by the RHF state...
When I try to do MRCI using the CASSCF wavefunction above either I get
error messages or I never get the energy I want.