[molpro-user] CASPT2 convergence problem

Werner Győrffy gyorffy at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 6 07:22:09 GMT 2013

Dear Yang,

You can try to increase the the number of configurations in the primary
configuration space by using the PSPACE card. Increase the threshold
value to, for example, 1 (PSPACE,1). In the primary configuration space,
the Hamiltonian is constructed and diagonalized explicitly which may
stabilize your CASPT2 calculations. For further details, see PSPACE in
the manual.

Regards,

Werner Gyorffy.