[molpro-user] two questions about virtual orbitals

Dan Kats D.Kats at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 14:12:44 GMT 2013

Dear Karl

I don't have a right answer either, but if you calculate CCSD through
FCI with these "frozen" orbitals, you will get the same result, which
is sort of reassuring. Besides, I have tried to calculate MP2 with
this kind of frozen orbitals and compared to MP2 results with orbital
energies for the virtuals in question set to 10^6 (with and without
zeroing out the orbitals itself) - and it gives the same result, which
is again reassuring. If you need more evidence, you can in principle
compare fci with zeroed orbitals with mcscf with an appropriate active
space...

Best wishes
Daniel