[molpro-user] running parallel GA Molpro from under Torque?

Grigory Shamov Grigory.Shamov at umanitoba.ca
Fri Nov 29 19:00:06 GMT 2013

Dear Andy,

Thanks! The -openmpi flag was required to build it, with -mppdir pointing
to GA build tree.

I've also had to decrease optimization levels from -O3 to -O2 for our
Intel C and Fortran compilers in order from MolPro to be able to pass one
of the tests (glycine_optsl_test) which otherwise hanged.

It seems that with my manually built GA 5.2, MolPro does work across the
nodes now. I had no success building pure MPI-2 versions it with OpenMPI
1.6.1 or Intel MPI 4.0 (the former crashes always, the later on some of
the tests).

--
Grigory Shamov

HPC Analyst, Westgrid/Compute Canada
E2-588 EITC Building, University of Manitoba
(204) 474-9625