[molpro-user] Extrapolation to the complete basis set limit of def2-anzvp basis sets.

Peterson, Kirk kipeters at wsu.edu
Fri Oct 25 16:43:05 BST 2013

Dear Tatiana,

Thanks much for the references, I had forgotten about these. I guess in some ways these are examples of why there is such a wide variety of CBS extrapolation formulas in the literature, especially for relatively small basis sets.  Seemingly no matter what one does, some sort of extrapolation is always “better” than what you get with a basis set of QZ quality.  At least the def2- basis sets have been carefully optimized, perhaps with CBS limits in mind.

best,

-Kirk