[molpro-user] basis set specification in CCSD-F12

Peterson, Kirk kipeters at wsu.edu
Thu Sep 5 20:21:33 BST 2013

Mike,

there are a few options here.  In one case you could use the cc-pCVnZ-F12 basis sets.  Like cc-pVnZ-F12 these include diffuse s and p functions.  I think the default auxiliary sets should work but you might want to change the default gem_beta parameter from 1.0 to 1.4 for core correlation.  On the other hand, you can use the standard aug-cc-pwCVnZ basis sets (which are in the library).  Probably the default auxiliary sets won't work.  Try something like:

basis=awcvtz

{ccsd-f12b, df_basis=awcvtz/mp2fit, df_basis_exch=avtz/jkfit, ri_basis=awcvtz/mp2fit, gem_beta=1.4}

regards,

-Kirk