[molpro-user] Triplet state calculations

Alan Chien alandc at umich.edu
Tue Feb 18 18:14:26 GMT 2014

The output is attached. The program quits after trying to read from a
record -> "Reading UHF information from record   2100.2". I know it says
UHF, but I'm assuming its just a textual bug since I ran a HF command,
which is restricted HF according to the manual. Just to check, I ran it
with RHF as the command and the same error occurs.

The error log is also attached. You can see it mentions a seg fault. That,
plus the fact that the program output has no errors before it crashes, made
me suspicious of my installation vs the actual program.

As for Bin's suggestions, 1) using the WF card gives the same behavior as
the SET card and gives the same error log.
2) Running in uccsd(t) goes to completion, but I would like to have
restricted orbitals in the end, thus the rmp2. Am i correct in assuming
this suggestion was just to test whether the HF code was working correctly?

Finally, it may be worth noting that I'm running this on a parallel version
of molpro and I'm using 2 processors for this h2o test. Just an extra piece
of info that may or may not be helpful.

Thank you all of your time,
Alan Chien