[molpro-user] Spin-Orbit Calculation

Peter Knowles KnowlesPJ at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 18:31:30 BST 2014

You will see a spin-orbit splitting only if you include both components of the doublet Delta states in the spin-orbit matrix element calculation. Here's a simple example that is perhaps easier to understand than what you posted.
Peter

geometry={be;f,be,2.4}

rhf
{casscf;wf,symmetry=1;state,4;wf,symmetry=4;state,1}
{mrci;noexc;wf,symmetry=1;state,1,4;save,7001.2}
{mrci;noexc;wf,symmetry=4;state,1;save,7004.2}

! both components of doublet Delta
{ci;hlsmat,ls,7001.2,7004.2}
! only one component of doublet Delta
{ci;hlsmat,ls,7001.2}