[molpro-user] Energy in MRCI-F12 calculation

Peterson, Kirk kipeters at wsu.edu
Wed Jul 16 18:34:01 BST 2014

Dear Somnath,

when you specify MRCI-F12 or CCSD-F12, etc,  without any specification of F12a or F12b, both methods are actually computed and the F12a energy is stored in energy(1) and F12b into energy(2) (analogously with energd).  I'm not sure how this is handled in MRCI-F12 when you ask for more than 1 root, but perhaps chaos.  If you really want just F12a, then use   MRCI-F12a on your command line and then all should be as expected.

regards,

-Kirk