[molpro-user] Using numerical grid and weights in an external program

Jayashree yfpjaya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:35:22 BST 2014

Indeed, I think I have an issue with the factors. I have been using the
EMSL basis library, which has different exponents from those in the MOLPRO
basis library. Thanks for pointing this out! If I understand correctly, the
library has the following columns for a given basis set:

Basis H s 631G
<http://www.molpro.net/info/basis.php?version=current&describe=1&element=H&basis=631G>
PrimitivesContractions... 13.0077300.0334950.000000 1.9620790.2347270.000000
0.4445290.8137510.000000 0.1219490.0000001.000000
Is the 1st column exponent, 2nd the coefficient? What is the third column
for?

>From your mail, I gather that MOLPRO library basis functions are NOT
normalised-- is this correct? I believe the analogous ones in EMSL are. For
example the same basis above in EMSL is

BASIS "ao basis" PRINT
#BASIS SET: (4s) -> [2s]
H    S