[molpro-user] Using numerical grid and weights in an external program

Sham K shaawm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:16:54 BST 2014

The difference in exponents between Molpro library and EMSL is surprising.
It is caused by the fact that 6-31G basis specification involves additional
scaling factor for inner and outer valence contractions (the first and
second contractions). This is explained in the "Molecular Electronic
Structure Theory" book by Helgaker.

For Hydrogen the inner valence and outer valence have scaling factors
sqr(1.2) and sqr(1.15). The Molpro library entry does not include this
scaling factor but the program adds it later, whereas EMSL includes it
right away

Sham.