[molpro-user] Too many active orbitals.

Evgeniy Gromov Evgeniy.Gromov at pci.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 10 09:18:28 GMT 2014

By default ci takes into coorelation all occupied MOs, except for cores,
that were set up in multi. In your case you have 45 occupied
in multi. Subtracting 11 core MOs gives 34 orbitals for ci.

Actually, I heard that the 32 limit had been removed in the latest
version of molpro. So, it's strange you hammered into that problem.

Dawid das wrote:
> Dear molpro users,
>
> Can you take a look at my output file?
> Why the program says that there are too many active orbitals?
> The actual number of them is 10, not 34.
>
> Best wishes,
> Dawid Grabarek

Dr. Evgeniy Gromov
Theoretische Chemie