[molpro-user] Lagrangian multipliers in CC code

ro cha crystalinflame at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 23:24:31 BST 2014

Dear Molpro users and developers,

Dear Tatiana,

Thanks again for the quick response. I followed the second approach you suggested to print out the contents of the LAMBDA vector by triggering the debug mode of the all_druckm subroutine. Indeed, the output now reports:

Print all matrices for a given pair list Lambda

MATRIX Lambda 101   (Symmetry=1 TYPE= 0)
BLOCK (1,1)
..... (many numbers) <--- I guess these are the Lagrangian multipliers for the double amplitudes

Singles part of Lambda
OCC. SYM. BLOCK 1
Occ.orb. 1.1
.....(fewer numbers) <--- and for the single amplitudes

Could you please tell me whether or not I'm interpreting the output correctly? I would like to know which excitation is associated to each element of Lambda.

I would love to have the multipliers printed out in the pretty format of the print_t1 and print_t2 routines (which would bring me back to the first approach you suggested below). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to guess which arguments to pass to these functions inside ldip.F just below the line "Saving Lambda vector..." in order to mimic this behaviour. Would you be kind enough as to guide me in this regard?

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo