[molpro-user] ScO bond length and basis sets

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Fri May 16 07:42:25 BST 2014

Dear Emine,

just selecting a relativistically contracted basis set like cc-pVTZ-DK does not change the underlying Hamiltonian, so yes you need to add another keyword.  I think this is probably most of the problem since the DK contracted sets will perform very poorly in non-relativistic calculations.  Somewhere before the rhf directive, just put a line that has   dkho=2
That will turn on the 2nd-order Douglas-Kroll-Hess Hamiltonian.

I think the rest of your input looks ok, however I have not double-checked your occ, closed, and core cards.

best regards,

-Kirk