[molpro-user] State-Specific CASSCF?

Alan Chien alandc at umich.edu
Wed May 21 16:32:48 BST 2014

I think I have a resolution.

It seems that the problem may be due to the order of the states. The two
excited states are rather close in energy, and so targeting the state that
I want may be chancy at best. Especially considering the fact that the
geometry is taken from force field energy minimizations.

State-averaging over three states with SymmOff gives CI vectors that
qualitatively match up with those of the state-specific SymmOn calcs.

Extra opinions always welcome though.
~Alan Chien