[molpro-user] Spin-Orbit coupling of d orbital

Hyungjun Kim hyungjun96 at kaist.ac.kr
Thu Nov 20 12:45:57 GMT 2014

Dear Molpro users,

I have performed SO calculation of d orbitals for Y atom by employing Stuttgart potential.

When I have run the simulation without CI calculation,(i.e. state averaged CAS calculation), the spin-orbit calculation successfully reproduces the degeneracy.

But the use of the states obtained by MRCI calculation splits 5 d orbitals into the energy structure of 2orb, 2orb, and 1orbital.

I don't know why this calculation fails to reproduce the correct degeneracy, 2orbitals in low- , and 3orbitals in high-energy.

I have attached my input below.

Any comments are welcome.

Yours sincerely,

***
memory,1000,m;

gprint,basis;
gprint,orbital;
gthresh,energy=1.d-8;

symmetry,x,y,z
geometry={Y}

basis=vtz-pp

{rhf,maxit=100
   occ,2,1,1,1,1,0,0,0
closed,2,1,1,0,1,0,0,0
    wf,11,4,1;
}

{multi;
   occ,4,1,1,1,1,1,1,0;
closed,2,1,1,0,1,0,0,0;
    wf,11,1,1;state,2;
    wf,11,4,1;state,1;
    wf,11,6,1;state,1;
    wf,11,7,1;state,1;
}

{ci;wf,11,1,1;state,2;save,6000.2}
{ci;wf,11,4,1;state,1;save,6100.2}
{ci;wf,11,6,1;state,1;save,6200.2}
{ci;wf,11,7,1;state,1;save,6300.2}

text, mrci
{ci;hlsmat,ecp,6000.2,6100.2,6200.2,6300.2}