[molpro-user] Error in runnign init: MOLPRO Installation

G Mahesh gmahesh at students.iiserpune.ac.in
Tue Sep 2 13:12:03 BST 2014

Dear Users,

we are installing latest version of MOLPRO 2012.1.15 with gloabal array
tool kit, ifort and intel mkl libraries. At the very end of the make file
I'm getting errors, I have copied the part of the output of make having
information about error.

***
building dfunc.registry
Error in running init
mpirun has detected an attempt to run as root. This is *strongly*
discouraged as any mistake (e.g., in defining TMPDIR) or bug can
result in catastrophic damage to the OS file system, leaving
your system in an unusable state.

You can override this protection by adding the --allow-run-as-root
option to your cmd line. However, we reiterate our strong advice
against doing so - please do so at your own risk.
make[1]: *** [init.log] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/share/apps/MOLPRO/Version2012.1.15/Molpro/lib'
make: *** [lib] Error 2
***

Looks like root permission issue. But, I'm doing everything as root user.

Can you please give a suggestion to solve the problem?

Thanks
Mahesh