[molpro-user] Polarizability computation for open-shell molecule

Tatiana Korona tania at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Fri Sep 5 09:02:45 BST 2014

Hi,

It is because second-order properties are not implemented for open-shell
molecules. If you just need static polarizability, you can use finite-field (see
the nanual how to do this).

Best wishes,

Tatiana

  On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, Bhargava Anusuri wrote:

> Dear Molpro users,
>
> Can someone tell me how to compute dipole polarizability components, α0
> and α2 for NO molecule. For open shell molecule 'polarizability'(section
> 16.8) command is not working.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Bhargava.

Dr. Tatiana Korona http://tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl/staff/tania/index.html
Quantum Chemistry Laboratory, University of Warsaw, Pasteura 1, PL-02-093 Warsaw, POLAND