[molpro-user] FCI converges to wrong excited state?

Lorenzo Lodi l.lodi at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 16:51:57 GMT 2015

Thanks, Peter... In any case I found a workaround which is enough in my
case.
After the state-averaged CASSCF I do a second CASSCF run specifying only
the state I want (in my case the singlet Sigma+) but keeping unchanged
the core orbital from the first CASSCF by using the FROZEN keyword.
Doing FCI on top of the second CASSCF gives the correct 1 Sigma+ state
energy.

Kind regards,

Lorenzo