[molpro-user] IRC in molpro

Hans-Joachim Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue May 26 18:37:14 BST 2015

Dear Bo Long,

there are variables qsdstep and qsdirc set by the program, which give you the step length and
the total length of a reaction path search, respectively. You first have to locate the TS
and then start the reaction path search from there. It is advisable to compute the hessian
in each step (or at every second or third step, use option numhess). If you need to use
numerical gradients (e.g. for MRCI) save the variables if numstep.eq.0, e.g.

 if(numstep.eq.0) then
   ii=ii+1
   rstep(ii)=qsdstep           ! step length
   rpath(ii)=qsdirc            ! reaction path (sum of step lengths)
   e_da(ii)=energd             ! MRCI+Q energy
…
end if

Use option,idir to determine in which direction to go from the TS.

Best regards
Joachim Werner
---
Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Werner