[molpro-user] [molpro user] Problem with FORCE program

Cayo Emilio cayoquimica at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:44:51 BST 2015

Dear Molpro community
I am trying to calculate a conic intersection between a singlet and a
triplet. I would like to do it with the implemented AVQZ basis. I saw at
the manual that the FORCE program use the ALASKA as default, but in my case
it doesn't and I don't know why. How do I force the program to use ALASKA
instead of CADPAC?
My input is, as the example given in the manual:

basis=AVQZ
symmetry,nosym
R1=4.17 bohr
R2=4.17 bohr
ang=65.1535 deg
geometry={...}
{multi;maxit,40;
 wf,42,1,0;
 wf,42,1,2;
 CPMCSCF,GRAD,1.1,spin=0,accu=1.0d-7,record=5101.1
 CPMCSCF,GRAD,1.1,spin=1,accu=1.0d-7,record=5100.1
}
{Force
 SAMC,5101.1
 CONICAL,6100.1,NODC}
{Force
 SAMC,5100.1
 CONICAL,6100.1,NODC}

optg,startcmd=multi,gradient=1.d-6

And I get this message in the output, after the program MULTI:

1PROGRAM * FORCE (Gradient of the energy)

 SA-MCSCF information from    5101.1
 Orbitals from record         2140.2

 Number of closed-shell orbitals: 15 ( 15 )
 Number of active orbitals:       12 ( 12 )
 Number of occupied orbitals:     27 ( 27 )

 Number of electrons= 42     Singlet     Space symmetry=1      Wavefunction
type: SA-MCSCF

 GENERAL BASIS CONTRACTION NOT IMPLEMENTED IN CADPAC GRADIENTS

 Please try with segmented basis set

Thanks in advance,
Cayo Emilio Monteiro Gonçalves