[molpro-user] A question concerning the VPT2 module in molpro

Guntram Rauhut rauhut at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Aug 31 11:05:02 CEST 2016

Dear Larry,

you are right, the VPT2 implementation in Molpro has not been adapted to
the case of transition states. I had a look at Miller's paper and in my
opinion it shouldn't be too complicated to include this case. I can try
to plug it in until the end of next week.

Best wishes,

     Guntram

On 08/30/2016 09:08 PM, Larry Harding wrote:
> Dear Molpro,
>
>   I believe that the current VPT2 module does not handle transition
> states correctly (the manual does not seem to say one way or the
> other). In Miller's paper (CPL 172, 62, 1990) where VPT2 for
> transition states is derived,  equations 13a and 13b indicate that the
> sign of certain terms involving the reaction coordinate need to be
> changed. It appears to me that these sign changes have not been
> implemented in the current VPT2 code. Does anyone know if this is
> correct and if it is correct what are the chances this could be fixed?
>
>   Larry Harding

  Apl. Prof. Dr. Guntram Rauhut
  Institut f. Theoretische Chemie
  Universitaet Stuttgart