[molpro-user] Molpro configs and rigid optimisation

Andy May ajmay81 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 23:47:04 CET 2016

Daniel,

I can only answer part (1). The reason it is not expanded is because the
.molprorc file is read directly in Fortran which does not know about shell
variables or how to expand them. There is already an enhancement bug about
implementing this in the future, but currently you need to write the fully
qualified directories.

You can probably achieve what you want by using the MOLPRO_OPTIONS
environment variable instead.

I completely agree about '--backup 2' in .molprorc - this does not appear
to be working correctly, I will file a bug about this. It does work
directly on the command line:

molpro --backup 2 input.mol

and also via MOLPRO_OPTIONS:

export MOLPRO_OPTIONS="--backup 2"